The Massage Therapy program at Mayfield College provides a solid foundation in instruction and hands-on training that will enable you to successfully practice as a massage therapist in a variety of health care settings. Our program is designed to help eligible students become California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) Certified *
Hands-On Training Includes:
- Business and Ethics
- Swedish Massage, Western Theory & History, Practice & Mechanisms of Health & Disease
- Pre-Natal, Post-Natal and Infant, & Elder/Geriatric Massage
- Eastern Theory and Practice
- Energy & Non-traditional therapies, Wellness & CPR
- Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release & Pin and Stretch
- Neuromuscular/Trigger Point and Muscle Energy Techniques
- The Core Techniques of Clinical and Sports Massage
- Preparation Assistance for Certification Exams
- Assistance with Job Placement
Massage Therapy Career Opportunities
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Massage Therapists is expected Grow 23% from 2012 to 2022. ** At Mayfield College, you will receive the practical experience required to obtain employment as a massage therapist in a number of health care settings, including:
- Massage Therapy Clinics
- Chiropractic Offices
- Doctor's Offices
- Spas and Resorts
- Nursing Homes
- Cruise Ships
- Family Health Clinics
- Holistic Health Clinics
- Health Clubs & Fitness Centers
If you want an exciting career helping people live a better life, the Massage Therapy program at Mayfield College can prepare you for this exciting career!
For more information, call (760) 328-5554, or
Request Information About This Program!
* The School cannot guarantee a student's eligibility either to take any exam or become certified or registered. A student's eligibility may depend on his or her work experience, completion of high school (or its equivalent), not having a criminal record, or meeting other licensure or certification requirements.
** Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition. These employment projections are provided for informational purposes only and may not reflect actual job demand in any particular field or region.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please see our Gainful Employment Disclosures