The Massage Therapy program at Mayfield College provides a solid foundation in instruction and hands-on training that will enable you to successfully practice as a massage therapist in a variety of health care settings. Our program is designed to help eligible students become California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) Certified *
Hands-On Training Includes:
- Business and Ethics
- Swedish Massage, Western Theory & History, Practice & Mechanisms of Health & Disease
- Pre-Natal, Post-Natal and Infant, & Elder/Geriatric Massage
- Eastern Theory and Practice
- Energy & Non-traditional therapies, Wellness & CPR
- Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release & Pin and Stretch
- Neuromuscular/Trigger Point and Muscle Energy Techniques
- The Core Techniques of Clinical and Sports Massage
- Preparation Assistance for Certification Exams
- Assistance with Job Placement
Massage Therapy Career Opportunities
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Massage Therapists is expected Grow 23% from 2012 to 2022. ** At Mayfield College, you will receive the practical experience required to obtain employment as a massage therapist in a number of health care settings, including:
- Massage Therapy Clinics
- Chiropractic Offices
- Doctor's Offices
- Spas and Resorts
- Nursing Homes
- Cruise Ships
- Family Health Clinics
- Holistic Health Clinics
- Health Clubs & Fitness Centers
If you want an exciting career helping people live a better life, the Massage Therapy program at Mayfield College can prepare you for this exciting career!
For more information, call (760) 328-5554, or
Request Information About This Program!
* The School cannot guarantee a student's eligibility either to take any exam or become certified or registered. A student's eligibility may depend on his or her work experience, completion of high school (or its equivalent), not having a criminal record, or meeting other licensure or certification requirements.
** Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition. These employment projections are provided for informational purposes only and may not reflect actual job demand in any particular field or region.